Dental implants provide a replacement option for missing teeth. One, several, or all of the teeth can be replaced using dental implants as anchors for dental prosthetics. Dental implants are considered to be the gold standard, the highest quality tooth replacement option available in dentistry. But how much do they cost? Here’s what you can expect to pay for dental implants on a per tooth basis in North Richland Hills, Texas.
What Are Dental Implants?
To understand the cost associated with dental implants, it helps to understand what they are and how they work. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that acts as an anchor for a dental prosthetic. It is surgically placed in your jaw where it fuses with the bone to form a solid bond. When replacing a single tooth, a crown is attached to the implant. When replacing multiple teeth, a bridge or dentures may be attached to multiple implants.
Average Cost of Dental Implants
The average cost of a single dental implant is around $4,500. In general, dental implants may range anywhere from $2,000 to $6,000 per tooth. The exact cost of dental implants for an individual may vary depending on a variety of factors.
What Factors Into the Cost of Dental Implants?
There are a number of factors that will help to determine what you may pay for dental implants, including:
- Number of teeth being replaced. The cost of dental implants is typically calculated on a per tooth basis, meaning that the more teeth you are replacing, the higher the cost will be.
- Type of prosthetic. Whether you are getting a single crown, a bridge, or a full set of dentures will affect the total cost of your dental implant restoration.
- Quality of materials. All dental implants are made of titanium, but the material that the prosthetic is made of may vary. Porcelain is typically the highest quality, most natural looking material for dental prosthetics, but it may cost more than metal or other materials.
- Geographic location of the dental practice. Geographic location and cost of living in your area may have an impact on the cost of dental implants.
- Experience of your dentist. The more experience a dentist has with placement of dental implants, the more they may charge for the procedure. But with experience comes precision, which is one of the most important factors in the success of dental implants.
Are Dental Implants Worth the Cost?
Dental implants have many benefits that make them worth the cost in most cases:
- Natural function. Dental implants are extremely secure, providing the bite and chewing strength of a natural tooth. Implants are sometimes even stronger than natural teeth.
- Natural appearance. Dental implant restorations look very natural because they are anchored in the jaw in the same way as natural teeth.
- Prevents bone loss. Missing teeth eventually lead to bone loss in the jaw in the location where the tooth used to be. But replacing missing teeth with dental implants preserves the structure of the bone for the long term.
- Can replace any number of teeth. Dental implants can replace anywhere from one to all of the teeth in your mouth.
R. Renan Williams, DDS believes that every patient deserves the highest standard of dental care and provides you with single dental implants, as well as implant supported bridges and dentures in the Richland Hills, TX area.