Nestled in between three territories that are at constant odds with each other, at a height that is several feet below sea level, lies this world renowned marvel that is the Dead Sea. It was named so because it doesn’t have an outlet and with high temperatures and evaporation, the salts left behind made the water uninhabitable for every sort of flora and fauna.
This harsh environment has some surprising advantages to it though. The natural salts that are left behind from evaporation make the lake an excellent nourisher of skin and health in general. One of the earliest health resorts was built at the Dead Sea.
The salts of the Dead Sea are known to revitalize and create a mask of moisture over your skin, among other amazing benefits. Some of the minerals include:
- Boron: This is a utilitarian mineral that helps in dealing with psoriasis, dermatitis and some forms of arthritis.
- Bromide: This is an excellent mineral that promotes healing and repair of skin cells, helps relieve muscle cramps and spasms, is a nerve calming agent known to work wonders on your overall complexion.
- Calcium: This is necessary in cleansing of skin and pores, is known to strengthen membranes of cells, helps in balancing the natural oil of the skin, and an excellent anti-wrinkling agent.
- Iodine: This is a necessary mineral for proper thyroid function and hormone production for metabolism.
- Magnesium: Works well in conjunction with bromide to promote healing and repair of skin cells. It is also an excellent anti-microbial agent.
- Potassium: This mineral helps cells absorb nutrients and in expulsion of waste. It is also an important part of the nervous system as it helps carry signals. Furthermore, it helps reduce muscle spasms and cramps.
- Sulfur: This is a vital mineral as it aids the liver convert toxins into harmless waste that the body can get rid of. It is also an excellent purifier for the skin and helps soothe conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Zinc: This is a facilitator of cell renewal and synthesis, especially for skin. It is a great anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. It is also great at protecting the skin from harmful UV rays.
Aside from these named minerals, there are others that have a plethora of health benefits such as dealing with acne, eczema, psoriasis, rheumatism as well as other skin disorders.
As you read this you may wonder how you can get yourself a flight to enjoy the benefits of this miraculous lake? Good thing is, you don’t have to get out of your house to get these benefits. A tab of Dead Sea Lotion comes in handy.
There are a number of ways this lotion will benefit you and improve your skin’s health in general.
- No more itchy skin.
With excellent antimicrobial properties, it is a guarantee that dead sea lotion will help you deal with itchy skin by disinfecting skin and soothing inflammation from excessive scratching.
- Sayonara stretch marks.
These can be brought on from a variety of reasons. A rapid weight loss or weight gain due to pregnancy or childbirth are some major causes of stretch marks. Some good quality dead sea lotion will help you get rid of stretch marks when used regularly.
- Bye-bye cellulite.
There are a variety of anti-cellulite lotions and creams out there that may or may not have been working for you. One thing is for sure though, Dead Sea salts are guaranteed to work against them by breaking down the stubborn fat and helping clear it away from the skin by regulating and optimizing the lymphatic system.
Aside from cellulite, Dead Sea salts are proven anti-aging agents and can help reduce wrinkling by up to 40%. By getting rid of toxins, hydrating, exfoliating and softening skin, you will have tapped into the fountain of youth that is the Dead Sea.
- Dealing with psoriasis.
You never have to cover up from fear of being questioned about your patches, or where baggy clothes to avoid irritation. Regular use of this lotion is guaranteed to clear up psoriasis patches and provide you with the relief you so much desire.
- Reduction of water retention.
Even though water makes up over 70 percent of our bodies, a buildup in one area can cause a variety of health-related issues. If it occurs on the skin, it ends up causing one to look puffy.
A constituent mineral of Dead Sea mineral, Potassium, is excellent at getting rid of water retention, whether it is pockets in the skin or in the body.
- Healing of eczema.
Your doctors may have prescribed topical creams before that caused varying levels of reactions that you are not ready to go through again. Using this lotion is a less painful way to treat and get rid of eczema.
Dead Sea salts are excellent at soothing itches and pains while simultaneously disinfecting and getting rid of flakes. A natural, easy way to deal with eczema.
- Calming skin allergies and inflammations.
Whether it is a skin sore, inflammation from eczema or psoriasis, a sunburn or a bout of dry skin, this lotion is guaranteed to take care of all the maladies your skin is facing at the moment.
- Natural skin softener.
With all the mineral goodness contained in the lotion, your skin will begin to work as it should. This means getting rid of toxins and other afflictions that cause the skin to toughen up and look reptilian. The nourishing effects will leave your skin moisturized, well-oiled with a plush and supple feel.
- No more acne.
Dead Sea minerals are an effective treatment for acne. The zinc and sulfur contained in the lotion are superb antitoxins and purifiers, leaving your skin to be the best it can be.
- Skin hydration.
The most important aspect of skin care, hydration, should be a big part of your skin care regimen if you want skin that rivals that of a baby. A natural and wholesome way to do this is using dead sea lotion.