First impressions matter, so using savvy office decor to showcase your brand effectively makes sense. Stakeholders such as customers, investors, suppliers, prospects, and employees can use what they can learn about your business to make decisions in areas such as purchasing your products, investing in your enterprise, developing engagement, or joining your company. Your office aesthetic is usually a major source of information for these individuals, and you can use the design of your corporate space to send the right signals. To discover office decor tips for generating a positive impression, keep reading.
1. Pay Attention to Key Areas
Image via Flickr by Wicker Paradise
For a great initial impression, pay attention to the following office areas:
- Reception: This is one of the first office spaces a visitor will experience. To get positive reactions from your guests, decide on a common theme for this area, such as the Scandinavian style. Next, pay attention to your wall treatments, flooring, decorative accents, and reception desk to ensure that each item works with the others to make a positive statement about your company.
- Waiting room: Incorporate accents, such as a wall mural, that highlight your brand. Choose comfortable furniture and inspiring art. Consider free Wi-Fi and accessible outlets, so visitors can work and charge their laptops and phones.
- Conference room: For your conference room, combine quality tech with ergonomic furniture.
In these areas, avoid clashing colors or patterns. It’s best to keep the walls and flooring in neutral colors. Add a few bold accents, such as an area rug in warm green or a gleaming copper pendant light, and insist on bright, warm lighting.
2. Include Appealing Area Rugs
Area rugs are a key decor element that can transform a space and reflect your corporate brand. First, figure out what you want your clients to think or feel when they walk into an office space. Then, choose a rug that helps you to achieve this. Consider finding the right rug first and choosing your other design elements based on its colors, pattern, and texture. Washable rugs are an ideal choice for an office because they are easy to maintain.
3. Incorporate Indoor Plants
Potted plants can add warmth, positivity, and energy to an indoor space, so use them to make your office ambiance more attractive to visitors. Plants are also known to remove impurities from the air and improve air quality. Consequently, adding them to your office is a win-win.
4. Use Uplifting Indoor Fragrances
While most indoor fragrances are used in homes, they can be used effectively to create a great first impression at your place of work. Certain fragrances, such as sweet orange, can address specific health conditions, such as anxiety. Consider using aromatherapy to create pleasant, productive spaces for important meetings and negotiations.
Keep in mind that incorporating these ideas into your office decor does not have to break the bank. Consider refurbishing secondhand furniture or developing a stunning interior design with low-budget materials to keep your costs down. Then, get ready to impress your stakeholders with your office decor!