In case you have entered the upholstery world recently, then choosing the best fabric for your furniture seems to be an arduous procedure. With so many fabrics and their designs and colors to choose from, how can you possibly make the right choice? The same goes for the chair covers as well. Once you start researching for such covers to hide your unsightly chairs, you will come across various fabric options to choose from. But, if you are able to catch up with the professionals, they are more than happy to offer you the best covers you could have asked for. So, without wasting time, it is mandatory to focus on these fabric materials for your use now!
Check-in with the durability of the fabric:
In case you are willing to opt for a chair cover that is to be used on a daily basis, then durability is one prime factor to consider. The durability of the cloth is determined by how it gets rated by the manufacturer-administered double test. It is the back and forth motion, which mimics the tear and wear of anyone sitting on the chair for a long time.
- If the number of double rubs is higher, then it indicates better durability and quality.
- Along with the double rub tests, you have to look for the fabrics, which are mostly treated for their high-end performances like water repellant, stain resistance, and UV protection.
- For the other covers, which will not be used on a daily basis, you can opt for the heirloom and decorative pieces. Here, design plays a pivotal role in other functions.
- Some of the best fabrics for occasional use will be embellished ones, wool, linen, silk, and cotton duck. You can get these fabrics in their medium to the heavyweight range.
Use cotton as one promising option:
Cotton is noted to be a completely natural material for the chair covers, noted to be durable, and will resist fading well. It is one breathable and absorbent fabric material. So, it is a great choice for homes with young children or pets around.
- When you have cotton covers by your side, you don’t have to purchase water-resistant seat covers for your kids separately. That helps you to save a great deal of money.
- On the other hand, cotton will always keep the chairs stain and spill-free, which is why most event organizers would look for this material.
- Moreover, if you want to add some colors, you can easily dye the cotton fabric. So, the pattern and color options remain almost limitless.
- Make sure to opt for the upholster-based cotton, which seems to be a bit thicker than some of the other cotton fabrics, as sold in the standard shops.
Some of the other fabric choices for chair cover will be microfiber, vinyl, and all the outdoor fabrics. Go through all the specific options and check out their features before you get to finalize the plan to address.